The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers or IEEE is the world’s biggest platform for Engineering Students and Professionals consisting of over 4,00,000 professionals and over 70,000 student members.
‘Advancing Technology for Humanity’ holding this motive, the institute is dedicated entirely to the advancement of technology with all the available resources for more than a century. Its glorious history shows that many famous scientists and engineers have worked with the institute.
But why should one join IEEE? Or how’s it helpful for an undergraduate student or a professional?
Here are some potential benefits that you would like to look upon:
1. The opportunity of volunteering for a large variety of programs that can build vast experience, technical and leadership skills as well as a passion for hard work.
2. Access to a wide range of local and international technical councils and societies.
3. Being a part of the huge network of IEEE members from all over the world.
4. Priority access or discount to national and international conferences or seminars around the world.
5. IEEE SPECTRUM Magazine: Every IEEE member gets a digital copy of this award-winning monthly magazine, focusing on the latest inventions and application of the newest technologies each month through e-mail.
6. IEEE Potentials Magazine: Another IEEE published a magazine that provides news and articles on most modern scientific researches as well as business and carrier-related matters.
7. IEEE Xplore Digital Library: Delivering full-text access to the world’s highest quality technical literature in engineering and technology.
8. IEEE.tv: An online television network telecasts various technical and technological reviews and tutorials.
9. IEEE E-mail Alias: A unique feature only for the IEEE members that will give each of the members a very own e-mail id of the ieee.org domain.
10. IEEE ResumeLab: An online portal service that allows an IEEE member to develop a resume or curriculum vitae (cv) using a wide array of templates and standard samples. Members can also perform mock interviews with a big bunch of potential interview questions.
11. IEEE Collaboratec: Allows members to collaborate online with technical experts all over the world.
12. IEEE Job Site: Allow members to find out their dream jobs worldwide.
13. Scholarships and Awards: IEEE provides a lot of scholarship programs as well as awards to its student members for their worthy innovations or research works.
14. AskIEEE: A service that allows access to documents from thousands of publishers around the world.
And there are too many more to mention.
To have the amazing experience of being an IEEE member you are invited to “Join IEEE”. Here you will get the chance to register for the one Full-year membership of IEEE. We, the members of the IEEE RUET Student Branch will be there to provide you any kind of assistance regarding this.
So, don’t miss the opportunity to be a part of the world's largest association of technical professionals. We are eager to welcome you to our IEEE RUET Student Branch family.
IEEE RUET SB Membership fee: BDT 2500 + 40 tk. As for withdrawal fee
IEEE RUET SB Membership renewal: BDT 2400 + 40 tk. As for withdrawal fee
** Don’t forget to send an extra 40 tk. As withdrawal fee if you send the money through bKash or Rocket.
You can also give the fee through Bank transfer or by Hand. (Please contact the responsible person for these payment methods, contact details are given below)
After paying membership fees, the given google doc must be filled up.
Google form link: Click here
Deadline: 20th December 2019
After you pay the fee and complete other procedures you would be given membership to
i) Power & Energy Society and
ii) Signal Processing Society
which is free of cost. To go through every step of the membership process perfectly, please contact us.
Chair, IEEE RUET SB
Membership Development Coordinator, IEEE RUET SB